Force Boys & Girls Club
What is the Force Boys & Girls Club?
The Force Boys & Girls Club at Force Elementary School provides youth with FREE after-school enrichment programming in an nontraditional learning environment. The programs offered daily are outcome driven and structured around project and inquiry-based models. Youth are challenged to engage and participate in various classes, and have ongoing opportunities to display and build their leadership skills each day. One of the more unique components of our Club is the emphasis we place on STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) programming, as we offer consistent STEM opportunities to all youth year round through an invaluable partnership with Science Matters. Additionally, our Club values the child as a whole and is therefore committed to providing family and community programs as well, hosting a minimum of one community event each month throughout the school year. Lastly, our Club provides emergency assistance to families in need, and is always willing to help with general assistance however possible!
The After-School Program
What is offered?
Snack at 3:00pm and Dinner at 6:00pm are offered daily, free of charge.
Youth enrolled in the after-school Club participate in various enrichment classes focusing on areas such as Arts & Culture, Health & Wellness, STEM, and Academics in addition to going on a multitude of field trips; academically, all youth are provided with Homework Help during our Club’s Power Hour. Some examples of previously offered enrichment classes have been:
- Soccer for Success
- Girls on the Run
- World Art & Music
- Mythical Creatures
- Intergenerational Cooking
Highlights from the 2014-2015 School Year
- SOS Overnight Skiing Trip to Vail
- Spring Break Leadership Camp for 5th grade students across all Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver
- Mobile Rock Wall Rock Climbing for 4th and 5th grade youth
- Von’s Vision and Pearl Vision provided approximately 30 youth with new eye glasses
- The Kitchen Community granted Force Elementary and Force Boys & Girls Club with a school/community garden
- STEM Week offered workshops to youth such as building roller coasters, exploring dry ice experiments, studying insects from the Butterfly Pavilion, dissecting squids, and more!
Partners of the Force Boys & Girls Club